Last year, Google released Android 11 for its Pixel smartphone lineup. As the AOSP source is publicly available, third-party OEMs and developers can readily compile this source into for their own custom ROMs. However, AOSP does not come with Google Apps like Gmail, Search, YouTube, Play Store, and most importantly the Google Play Services. Google apps (Gapps) require certain certification that not many custom ROM developers go through or even some manufacturers to an extent.
Google apps are an essential part of the Android ecosystem. Supporting Gapps for an Android smartphone is the manufacturer’s job or the device maintainers. Not every manufacturer integrates Google apps and services into their smartphones; either due to certification issue or due to regional issues.
Moreover, custom ROMS that do not come with Google apps at all. You either need to flash the Open Gapps separately, or settle for Google Play Services APK or Google Installers like below.
Here is how to download and install Google Apps (Gapps) on any custom ROM like Lineage OS, or third-party ROMS like MIUI 12, Hydrogen OS 11, Meizu’s Flyme OS, etc.
Download Google Apps Installer APK for Android 11, 10, 9 Pie, 8 Oreo, or earlier
Following we have listed a simple Google App Installer APK which will help you into install Google Apps like the Play Store and Play Services. Google Apps package (Gapps) or GMS (Google Mobile Services) package consists of Play Services APK, Play Store APK, Maps, Google Search App, Contact Sync, and many more.
You can easily install Gapps with the Google Installer v3.0 APK below. However, if it doesn’t work, you can try the other versions like v2 or v4.
- Download Google Installer APK v2 | Gdrive downloads | Mirror link
- Download Google Installer APK v4.4.2 | Gdrive downloads | Mirror link
- Download Google Installer APK v4.4.8 | Gdrive downloads | Mirror link
Note: For Google drive links, download to PC and then transfer it to phone storage, or it may give you parsing error. You may also settle for Box mirror.
How to install Google on Android using GApps Installer APK?
- Download the Google Installer.apk and transfer it to Android phone storage. Place it in Download folder.
- Launch the installer APK file as shown below:
- Select the Install button. Allow the app to install.
- Continue to accept all the apps and wait for the installation to complete.
- Reboot phone.