Moto G50 is the Motorola’s latest offering in mid-range segment with 5G connectivity and triple-lens camera setup. Aside from 5G, the camera is one of the key highlights of the new Motorola G50 smartphone, thanks to the 48MP Quad Bayer primary sensor. And the stock camera app enables users to capture decent images in different modes. However, Motorola’s software also allow G50 owners to sideload Pixel 5 camera app (aka GCam mod) or any other third-party camera app. So, if you want to capture some mind-blowing low-light shots, then here you can Download Google Camera for Moto G50.
Google Camera for Moto G50 [Best GCam]
The default camera app on the new Moto G50 is the same camera app which we’ve seen in the Moto G40 Fusion and Moto G60. The Quad Bayer sensor on G50 uses 4-in-1 pixel binning technology and combines 12MP shots together to produce detailed 48MP images. And the results are quite impressive in some conditions. However, for better low-light photography and astrophotography, you can sideload the Google Camera app on your Moto G50 smartphone. Luckily, we found a compatible version of the app, which you can download from the next section.
The latest Google Camera port from Pixel 5, GCam 8.1, is sympathetic to the Moto G50. In terms of features, then the GCam app has support to features like Astrophotography mode, Night Sight, SloMo, Portrait, Beauty Mode, HDR Enhanced, Lens Blur, PhotoSphere, Playground (AR Stickers), RAW support, Google Lens, and more. Here’s the step by step guide to download and install Google Camera app on Moto G50.
Download Google Camera for Moto G50
A bunch of Moto 2021 G-series phones have Camera2 API enabled by default and the new Moto G50 is no different. Yes, you can install the Google camera app without rooting your smartphone. Below we attach the two GCam mods – GCam 7.3 by Wichaya and GCam 8.1 by BSG, you can use anyone you want. Here are the download links.
- Download Google Camera 7.3 for Moto G60 (GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v2.1_Wichaya_V3.1.1.apk)
- Download Google Camera 8.1 for Moto G60 (MGC_8.1.101_A9_GV1d_MGC.apk) [Latest]
After downloading the app, you can simply sideload it on your device like any other APK (by enabling the unknown-resources). Before start using it make sure to check the below listed recommended settings, by which you can take amazing shots easily without facing any issues.
Note: Before Installing the new Gcam Mod ported app, make sure to delete the older version (if you’ve installed). This is not a stable version of Google Camera, so it may have some bugs.
- Download this config file, which bags up with all the recommended settings.
- Then, head over to the file manager and create a new folder called, GCam.
- Open GCam folder and create one more folder with configs7 name.
- Now paste the config file inside the configs7 folder.
- Once done, Open the Google Camera app and double tap on the black blank area placed next to the shutter button.
- Tap on the config file, available in the popup & press the restore button.
- Go back to the app drawer and then open the app again.
- Open the app > Settings > Additional Module Settings > Settings Back Lens (0.5)
- HDR+ Device > Pixel IVa_5G (Bramble)
- Frames HDR+ enhanced > 15 Frames or 25 Frames
- You can follow same steps for Settings Back Lens (1.0) and Settings Front Lens (1.0)
Now you can start taking pictures using Google Camera on your Moto G60 smartphone. That’s it.