As Realme redeployed much of the hardware from the last year’s Realme 7, for the Realme 8 series. The 108MP Samsung HM2 camera sensor become one of the most notable upgrades of the smartphone. Aside from the Realme 8 Pro, the vanilla Realme 8 also comes with a 64MP quadruple camera, which capture impressive photos. But you can also download the Pixel 5 Camera App for your Realme 8 Pro and access the features like Night Sight, Astrophotography mode, and more. Here you can Download Google Camera for Realme 8 and 8 Pro.
Google Camera for Realme 8 and 8 Pro [Best GCam]
Both the Realme 8 and Realme 8 Pro are billing with a quadcamera setup. However, the Realme 8 Pro dons a 108MP camera snapper on its back panel. It’s one of the most affordable 108MP camera smartphone of India. The rest of three cameras of quadcamera module stay the same. Realme also optimizes its camera app for the Realme 8 Pro, the company introduced new Starry Mode along with a few other improvements. Although, the app works fine in most cases, but, you can sideload the Google Camera app (aka GCam Mod) port to capture some mind-boggling photos.
Fortunately, the Google Camera developers have already optimized for the latest Realme 8 series phones. Talking about the GCam 8.1, it supports features like anticipated Astrophotography mode, Night Sight, SloMo, Portrait, Beauty Mode, HDR Enhanced, Lens Blur, PhotoSphere, Playground (AR Stickers), RAW support, Google Lens, and more. And Here’s the step by step guide on how to Download & Install Google Camera 8.1 for Realme 8 and Realme 8 Pro.
Download Google Camera for Realme 8 (Pro)
If you own Realme 8 or 8 Pro and want to capture some mind-blowing shots, then you can use the Google Camera (aka GCam) app on your smartphone. Realme 8 series have Camera2 API support out-of-the-box, Yes, you can sideload the GCam easily on your smartphone. And the latest GCam port by Nikita (aka nickpl13) is compatible with both the Realme 8 and Realme 8 Pro. We’ve also attached the GCam 8.1 port from Pixel 5 which are not super compatible but still you can use it on your smartphone. Here are the download links.
- Download Google Camera 7.4 for Realme 8 and 8 Pro (NGCam_7.4.104-v2.0_eng.apk) [Recommended]
- Download Google Camera 8.1 for Realme 8 and 8 Pro (MGC_8.1.101_A9_PVo_Eng.apk) [For Ultrawide lens]
- Download Google Camera 8.1 for Realme 8 (Pro) [NGCam_8.1.101-v1.0.apk]
After downloading and installing, make sure to follow the below listed recommended settings on your phone, by which you can take amazing shots easily without facing any issues.
Note: Before Installing the new Gcam Mod ported app, make sure to delete the older version (if you’ve installed). This is not a stable version of Google Camera, so it may have some bugs.
- At first you need to download config settings from above links, which save the recommended settings.
- Once downloaded, extract it.
- Create a new folder named GCam in the root folder and then open GCam folder and make a Configs folder.
- Then, copy the config file in /Internal Storage/GCam/Configs7/ (folder).
- Open Google Camera and double tap on the black blank area placed next to the shutter button.
- Tap on the settings shown, available in the popup & press the restore button.
- Go back to the app drawer and then open the app again.
Note: If you’re using Google Camera version 7.4 then create config folder with Congifs7 naming, while for GCam 8.1 create configs8 folder.
All done. Start capturing blazing and great photos directly from your Realme 8 and Realme 8 Pro smartphone.