The Pixel 3, 3 XL & Pixel 4 comes with the all-new stock camera app, which is one of the best camera apps in every aspect. As the Motorola aka Moto G series devices are now running on the Android Pie 9.0, you can install the latest version of GCam on it. The Google Camera app has updated to the latest version (6.1, 6.2, 7.3, and latest 8.0). And the developers have started porting the Pixel 3 GCam Mod for the phones. So, Here you can Download Google Camera for Motorola Devices [for all the Moto phones].
Last Updated on 30/12/2020 @ 20:30 PM IST: Added Google Camera for Moto One Zoom (Pro), Moto G8 Plus, One Power, GCam 6.2 for Moto G6 Plus, G7 Power, G8 Plus, GCam 7.4 for Moto G9, G 5G, G Stylus, and listed the best compatible Gcam 6.1 for Motorola Devices.
The new Google Camera 6.1 apk is now available for Moto G5, G5 Plus, Moto G5S, G5S Plus, Moto G6 Plus, Moto One Power, Moto X, and Z. The most anticipated feature of the Google Camera app is the night sight mode and thankfully it works perfectly on the Moto G5 devices. All thanks to San1ty, who have ported the Pixel 3 camera app for Motorola smartphones. So, Here’s the step by step guide on how to Download & Install Google Camera for Moto G4, G4 Plus, G5, G5 Plus, G5S, Moto G5S Plus, and Moto G6 Plus.
Google Camera – Features
The software implementations make everything possible and the same in the case with Pixel 3 (XL), which able to capture some amazing shots with only single lens camera. And the Artificial Intelligence (AI) make pictures more realistic. Night Sight is one of the major updates to the Google Camera 6.1 and most of the other Pixel 3 camera features. Like, Photo Sphere, Slow Motion, Playground (AR Stickers), RAW support, HDR+ mode, Panorama, Lens Blur, Portrait mode (with Focus Slider), Google Lens mode & few more.
Download Google Camera for Moto G5S Plus, G6 Plus, G4/G4 Plus, G7, G8, & Moto One Phones
All all the Moto G-series phones have received the Android Pie update, whether its Pie on Moto G6 Plus, Oreo on G5, G5+, G5S, and G5S+. And the recently released Oreo (Soak Test) OTA for Moto G4/G4 Plus. And the recently launched devices have already running on Android Pie. So, you can download the GCam mod port and install it on your smartphone. Below we list GCam for Moto G-series (G5, G6, G7, & G8 series phones), along with Moto One Lineup phones (with Moto One Power & Moto One Zoom). Here are the download links.
If you face any errors like crash or lag, these are the settings we recommend you to change.
For Moto G4/G5 GCam
- Go to Camera app settings > BSG Mod Settings > FIX > set the Black Level Front Camera to 16 (restart the app)
- For Green Tint FIX in Front Camera Mod, Go to Settings > BSG Mod Settings > Green Tint FIX > Green Tint on Front Camera (restart the app)
- Slow Motion FIX: Settings > Advanced > Fix Camera API2 > Disable video slow motion
- Moto One Power: Switch to Front Camera Video Recording FIX, Go to Camera Settings > Both Front & Back > Set the Video Recording Quality to 720p.
For Moto G7 Plus GCam
- Download Config Settings, which save the recommended settings.
- Once downloaded, you can extract it using ES file explorer on the root storage.
- Create a new folder named GCam in the root folder and then open GCam folder and make a Configs folder.
- Then, copy the config (motog7psett.xml) file in /Internal Storage/GCam/Configs/ (folder).
- Open Google Camera and double tap on the black blank area placed next to the shutter button.
- Tap on the settings shown (with motog7psett.xml), available in the popup & press the restore button.
- Go back to the app drawer and then open the app again.
The developers are still working on this ported GCam app, to make it more stable and smooth in features like Night Sight. If you find the lags or crash, you can try these settings. However, you can fix this Night Sight issue with Kernel Adiutor which works only if your phone is rooted.
Fix Night Sight Feature with Kernel Adiutor for Moto G5 Plus [Rooted]:
- At first, Install the Gcam (the above-mentioned apps)
- Install Kernel Adiutor from Play Store
- Open the app, Click on Low Memory Killer
- Set the values:
- Foreground Applications – 20MB
- Visible Applications – 40MB
- Secondary Server – 80MB
- Hidden Applications – 100MB
- Content Providers – 178MB
- Empty Applications – 200 MB
- Open app settings, then apply on boot set delay to 5.
- That’s it.