Xiaomi’s popular Redmi Note 7 Pro received Android 10 update earlier this year. The manufacturer soon started working on MIUI 12 after they revealed it in an online event alongside the Note 8 series launch. Following the first rollout of MIUI 12 to several flagship Redmi, Mi, and Poco smartphones, it is now time for the round 2. MIUI 12 global stable update just popped up for the Redmi Note 7 Pro based on Android 10.
Xiaomi just rolled out official stable MIUI 12 ROM for several Android phones including Poco F1, Redmi K20 Pro, POCO F2, etc. Here is the stunning MIUI 126.96.36.199 OTA update for the Redmi Note 7 Pro based on Android 10. The latest OTA features a new firmware build number MIUI 188.8.131.52.QFHINXM. As you can see in the build number, the first alphabet Q represents Android 10.
MIUI 12 for the Note 7, on the other hand, will soon be released as well. No ETA as of yet. Xiaomi introduced MIUI 12 firmware update to the world earlier this year. The update has been seeding for a number of Redmi, Mi, and Poco Android devices. Redmi Note 7 Pro is one of the luckiest devices to have received MIUI 12 stable ROM this early.
Download MIUI 184.108.40.206 ROM for Redmi Note 7 and Redmi Note 7 Pro
Here you will find the latest MIUI 12 global stable recovery ROM or the full OTA update zip for Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro based on Android 10. The OTA update comes in a large package of 2.03 GB in size. If you haven’t received the OTA update yet, then download the zip from below and manually update your Note 7 series.
If your Note 7 Pro is running on the previous MIUI 11 update, you can also check for OTA update manually by going to settings > About Phone > System Update > download OTA.
How to update Redmi Note 7/7Pro to MIUI 12 firmware update?
- Make sure your device is on the latest stable ROM.
- Download the MIUI 12 OTA update zip from above.
- Transfer it to phone storage in the root directory. Meaning, not in any folder. If that doesn’t work, place the file in the folder ‘download_rom’.
- Launch the updater app on your Redmi Note 7 Pro device. Or go to settings > about phone > system updates.
- Click on three dots on the top right corner and choose the ROM package.
- Select the Android OTA zip you have downloaded. It will decrypt and update your Redmi device.
Note: Don’t stop the update once started. If stopped, you will need to do the operation again right from downloading the firmware file again. This will not erase any data in your phone.