The Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite has been in line to receive the MIUI 12 update for a while. It released in May this year and came pre-installed with Android 10 alongside Xiaomi’s MIUI 11 skin.
In early August, Xiaomi rolled out an OTA update for the device, however, it brought along the same MIUI 11 skin. And up until now, Xiaomi didn’t share any details regarding the rollout of MIUI 12 for the Mi Note 10 Lite.
However, Xiaomi did release MIUI 12 for the Global and European variants of the standard Mi Note 10. Furthermore, the Global Mi Note 10 Pro also picked up the stable MIUI 12 build a couple of days ago.
Thus, it was expected that Xiaomi will roll out its new skin for the Mi Note 10 Lite soon. As it turns out, the Chinese OEM has done just that and has begun rolling out MIUI 12 for the Global Mi Note 10 Lite.
The new update is rolling out with software version 18.104.22.168.QFNMIXM which has been bumped up from the previous MIUI 11-based version 22.214.171.124.QFNMIXM. As expected, it brings a ton of new features and improvements to the device.
In case you’re interested to see all that’s new with the MIUI 12 update for the Mi Note 10 Lite, we’ve added the exhaustive changelogs below:
– New: All-new physically based animation engine with advanced architecture will refresh your device’s look.
– New: Dynamic window technology takes switching screen orientation to a new level.
– Optimization: Animations in selected scenes
– Brand new visual design works for all types of content and languages.
– Magazine-level layouts bring important things into the spotlight and make content structure clear.
– New: Pull down a notification sent by a messenger app to turn it into a floating window.
– New: Floating windows keep apps running in the foreground even when you pause to do other things.
– New: You can minimize a floating window using a full screen gesture.
– Optimization: Press and hold an app preview in Recents to choose between Split screen and floating windows.
– New: Swipe down from the upper left corner to open Notification shade and from the upper right corner to open Control center
– New: When Notification shade is open, swipe down from the upper right corner to open Control center
– Optimization: Control center is now closed by incoming calls
– Optimization: Press and hold redirection options
– Fix: Control center wasn’t always displayed correctly in landscape mode
– New: Dark mode support is also provided for third party apps now.
– New: Contrast is lowered automatically in low light conditions to protect your eyes.
– New: Wallpapers can be displayed in darker palette when your device switches to Dark mode.
– Optimization: Brightness and color improvements for wallpapers in Dark mode
– Updated Android Security Patch to August 2020. Increased system security.
– Status bar, Notification shade
– New: Screen lights up with an animation now
– New: Status bar color gradient animation
– New: App drawer allows you to keep your Home screen neat and categorizes apps so you can find them faster.
– New: A new mode for scanning documents
– New: Movie frame
– New: New animations bring the weather from outside directly to your screen.
– New: Security introduces new comprehensive privacy protection mechanisms.
– New: Lite mode simplifies your device and brings essential features up front.
– New: You can create folders with notes now.
– New: New dynamic backgrounds look gorgeous!
– New: Tasks are completed with a satisfying animation now.
– New: Checklists of subtasks make managing your agenda much simpler.
– New: New animations feel natural and refreshing.
– New: Binging your favorite shows will be more convenient with our new video toolbox.
The update is currently rolling out to users over the air and it should arrive on your device soon if it hasn’t already. Like most other airborne updates, it could take a few hours or even days to hit your unit.
So in case you aren’t willing to wait, we’ve got you covered. You can download and install the MIUI 12 skin on your Mi Note 10 Lite manually via the link provided below:
- Device: Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite
- Codename: toco
- Channel: Global Stable
- Version: V126.96.36.199.QFNMIXM
- Android: 10
- Type: Recovery
- MD5: 40c0e5edc17ddea0188f2e6cd8454359