Following Google’s Android 11 stable release, Samsung has now begun One UI 3.0 beta program for their latest flagship phones. Samsung’s Android 11 internal beta program is actively going on with public beta to come anytime soon. However, it seems like the first public beta of One UI 3.0 is seeding right now in the Samsung Members app. Users can enroll and download the One UI 3.0 firmware update on their Galaxy S20 series devices right away. In the downloads section below, we have listed the direct One UI 3.0 enrollment links where you can download the OTA. The links will directly take you to the Samsung’s Android 11 enrollment screen hidden deep within the Samsung Members app.
The devices eligible for Samsung’s One UI 3.0 firmware update include all the Snapdragon variants of Galaxy S20, S20+, and S20 Ultra found in the Untied States mainly from carriers like Sprint or T-Mobile and even the unlocked variants. The Galaxy S20 variants from South Korea are also eligible. For the rest of you who aren’t eligible, don’t worry. Stay tuned for we will capture the OTA download links available for sideload for manual installation. Including the Exynos variants.
Thanks to Twitter user John who figured out the download links for One UI 3.0 for the Galaxy S20. Clickable download links and installation instructions below!
Features and changelog for One UI 3.0
One UI 3 upgrade with Android 11
One UI 3 brings you Android 11, with exciting new features from Samsung and Google based on feedback from users like you.
- We recommend that you back up your important data to keep it safe during the upgrade.
- Voice Assistant has been replaced by TalkBack to provide a better experience. You can perform the actions like improved Quick menu using multi-finger gestures with TalkBack.
- Some apps, including Calculator, Samsung Internet, Samsung Pay, Samsung Health and Samsung Notes, need to be updated individually after you update your OS.
- Themes can’t be used in the One UI 3 beta. If you’re using a theme, you’ll be changed back to the default One UI 3 look and feel when you install this update. Themes will be supported in the final version of One UI 3. You can still use custom wallpapers, icons, and Always On Displays during the beta.
Here’s what’s new.
- Touch and hold an app to add an associated widget
- Turn the screen off by double-tapping on an empty area of the Home screen. You can turn this on in Settings > Advanced features > Motions and gestures.
- Dynamic Lock screen now has more categories, and you can select more than one. – Lock screen widgets are improved.
- See your conversations and media more conveniently in their own sections when you swipe down from the top of the screen.
- Always On Display widgets are improved.
- Get quick access to the most important accessibility settings during device setup. – Get recommended accessibility features based on what you use.
- Set the Accessibility shortcut more easily in settings.
- Sound detectors now work with your SmartThings devices such as TVs and lights to give you more visible
- You can find the keyboard settings more easily under General management in Settings, and the settings have been reorganized to put the most important ones first.
- You can now connect to supported TVs wirelessly.
- New touchpad multi-gestures let you change screen zoom and font size more easily.
- Added ability to block websites from redirecting you when you tap the Back button. – Added warnings and blocking options for websites that show too many pop-ups or notifications.
- Rearranged menus to make things easier to find. – Added several new add-ons, including one that translates websites.
- Added option to hide the status bar for a more immersive browsing experience.
- Increased maximum number of open tabs to 99.
- Added ability to lock and reorder tabs.
- Improved design for tab bar which is now supported on all devices.
- Ended support for Samsung Internet edge panel.
Contacts & Phone
- Added an option to help you quickly delete duplicate contacts.
- Enhanced the search experience.
- Added the ability to customize the call screen with your own pictures and videos.
- Created a Trash bin to store recently deleted messages.
Call & Text on other devices
- Added the ability to turn Call & text on other devices on or off with Bixby Routines.
- Events with the same start time are now shown together in month and agenda view.
- Reorganized options for adding and editing events.
- Improved layout for full screen alerts.
- Improved layout for full screen alerts.
Digital wellbeing and Parental controls
- Added trends to your weekly report. You can see how your usage has changed since the previous week and check your usage time for each feature.
- Added phone usage time while driving to the weekly report.
- Added a lock screen widget so you can check your screen time without unlocking your phone.
- Added separate profiles for personal and work modes so you can track your screen time separately.
- Improved auto-focus and auto exposure functionality and usability.
- Improved stabilization when taking pictures of the moon at high zoom levels
- Added the ability to revert edited pictures back to their original versions.
- Grouped preset routines help you get started quickly and learn how to build your own routines quickly
- You can now see what actions are reversed when a routine ends.
- New conditions have been added, such as a specific start time, the disconnection of a Bluetooth device or Wi-Fi network, a call from a specific number, and more.
- New actions have been added, including talking to Bixby and accessibility actions.
- You can add a customized icon for each routine and add routines to the Lock screen for quick access.
List of eligible devices for One UI 3.0 update
Galaxy S20 series (S20/S20+/S20 Ultra LTE/5G) (as of September 9, 2020)
|Country||Service Provider||Device Model|
|Korea, Republic of||KT / LGU+ / SKT / Unlocked||Galaxy S20 (SM-G981N), S20+ (SM-G986N), S20 Ultra (SM-G988N)|
|United States||Sprint / T-Mobile||Galaxy S20 (SM-G981U), S20+ (SM-G986U), S20 Ultra (SM-G988U)|
|Unlocked||Galaxy S20 (SM-G981U1), S20+ (SM-G986U1), S20 Ultra (SM-G988U1)|
Download One UI 3.0 for Samsung Galaxy S20 series
While you can also go through the official method for One UI 3.0 beta registration, following are the clickable links that will enroll you immediately. Simply open the links using your Samsung Galaxy S20 device. The links should open using Samsung Members app. Once you are in the Samsung members app, enroll for the One UI 3.0 beta. You should then receive an OTA update.
One UI 3.0 OTA download links
NOTE: You must have Samsung members app installed and open links using Galaxy phone.
- https://developer.samsung.com/one-ui…ign=oneui-beta (Samsung registration)
Or simply copy and paste the following links in the browser using your Samsung phone:
voc://view/osBetaSignUpIntroFragment?projectId=118 voc://view/osBetaSignUpIntroFragment?projectId=117 voc://view/osBetaSignUpIntroFragment?projectId=119