Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite was launched back on 3rd January 2020. It turned out to be one of its most popular budget flagships in recent times. The reason behind its popularity was because of Samsung’s decision to ditched its in-house Exynos for the flagship Snapdragon 855 SoC. Samsung has the knack of excluding Snapdragon SoC for Exynos in certain markets e.g India. Because of that sole reason, it became a huge hit. Luckily for custom ROM enthusiasts, this device has received Lineage OS 17.1 support and this guide will help you to install Lineage OS 17.1 on Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite.
About Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite
The Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite houses a 6.7-inch FHD+ Super AMOLED Plus display. The smartphone has an aspect ratio of 20:9 along with a pixel density of 393ppi.
The smartphone functions on an Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 chipset running paired with 8GB RAM and 128 GB internal storage. It runs on the Android v10 operating system based on One UI.
Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite features a Triple camera setup at the back housing an ISO-CELL 48MP f/2.0 primary sensor offering up to 8x Digital Zoom, a 12MP f/2.2 Ultra-Wide Angle Lens, and a 5MP f/2.4 Camera. Whereas on the front, there is a 32MP f/2.2 shooter for selfies.The smartphone draws its power from a 4500mAh Li-ion battery which supports 25W Fast Charging technology. In terms of connectivity, Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite comes with 4G-VoLTE connectivity in both slots. It also has options like Wi-Fi, Mobile Hotspot, Bluetooth, GPS, Glonass, NFC, and Type-C USB.
What is Custom ROM?
They are mainly based on AOSP where developers create different ROMs by adding or creating features that are not available on stock ROMs such as:
- Improved Performance
- Battery life improvement
- Latest Android versions
- Exclude excess bloatware
- Root access
- Lineage OS 17.1 for Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite – Download
- Gapps For Lineage OS 17.1-Download
- Download the above-mentioned files before proceeding.
- Back up your device data before proceeding.
- Unlock Bootloader (steps mentioned below).
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on your PC.
- Download the latest Samsung multi disable
Unlocking Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite
- Enable “Developer Mode” by tapping the built number 7 times.
- Open Settings.
- Find the Developer Mode.
- Enable the OEM Unlock option inside the Developer Mode.
- Now, open the ADB folder on your PC and hold shift + Right click and select open Command window here.
- Enter the following commands “adb reboot bootloader”.
- After your phone boots into bootloader mode run this command “fastboot OEM unlock”.
- A message will prompt asking you to press “yes” to confirm unlocking.
- To complete the procedure, enter the following command “adb reboot bootloader”.
- Now your custom firmware will be installed easily and your bootloader will be unlocked finally.
Note: Unlocking your Bootloader may erase your data. So backup all the necessary data before proceeding. Your battery must be above 80 before proceeding with the following steps. Also, by following this guide, your smartphone’s warranty will be void. Gadgetsay is not responsible for any damage to the device and data.
Installing TWRP On Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite
- Download the TWRP recovery image for your device
- Rename it to “twrp.img” and save it in the ADB folder.
- Inside the ADB folder, one needs to hold shift and right-click inside and then select “open command window here”.
- Now connect your device with the PC and type “adb reboot bootloader”.
- Once you’re into bootloader mode, type the following command “fastboot flash recovery twrp.img”.
- Once TWRP is successfully flashed on your device, type this final command to reboot your device “fastboot reboot”.
- Enjoy the latest TWRP Recovery after the reboot.
How to install Lineage OS 17.1 on Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite
- Download the custom ROM from the link above.
- Save it on your device’s storage.
- Now boot your device into TWRP mode.
- Once you are booted into TWRP mode select “wipe”.
- Then tap “advanced wipe”.
- After that, select the following “system”, “data”, “Dalvik/ART cache”, “cache”.
- Now swipe to format the selected items, just remember not to format the storage in which you have saved the Lineage OS 17.1 zip file.
- Then select “install” and search for the Lineage OS 17.1 and GApps zip file which you have saved before and swipe to install it.
- Wait for the installation process to be completed, it might take some time to finish up.
- Once it completes, reboot the device.
- It might ask to enter a password, it’s best to ignore it.
- Alas! Rejoice the Lineage OS custom ROM.
Once it’s done, you can also try out Magisk for rooting.