Rooting and installing Custom Roms an Android device has become quite easy with a single quick interface. The custom recoveries like TWRP, Philz, and others even facilitates the users with their GUI interface. The users can also root without the PC nowadays, but the compatibility of rooting using the mobile itself is limited to some popular devices. In today’s writeup, we will let you know how you can install TWRP Recovery and root Xiaomi Redmi Note 9s/9 Pro using Magisk.
TWRP which stands for TeamWin Recovery Project. It is an open-source and entirely GUI based custom recovery for Android devices. It allows Android users to enjoy fully touch-based UI and flash custom ROMs, MODs, Magisk, SuperSu, etc. TWRP is a door to install different customization modules with ease. It even supports full system backups of the current system state which are impossible without the custom recovery.
Advantages of Custom Recovery
- Easy Full-System backups
- Flash image file on the device.
- Adds the ability to remove bloatware from the stock ROM.
- Supports underclock and overclock of the processor.
- Quickly flash custom ROM, MOD, Framework.
- Support to quickly flash the Xposed and Magisk Framework.
- Easy installation of SUperSu and Magisk for rooting
- Ability to wipe cache and data.
Install TWRP on Redmi Note 9s/9 Pro
It is recommended that you carefully follow all the steps mentioned below.
- Your phone’s Bootloader should be Unlocked. (How to unlock Bootloader)
- Make sure your battery is charged above 50%.
- Backup your Data on any external media or perform an android backup.
- Download ADB Drivers and Download Fastboot Drivers on the PC/Laptop.
- Download-latest Xiaomi USB Drivers on the PC
- Download and save twrp.img it to the Extracted folder of ADB – Fastboot drivers.