What is Magisk Manager?
Magisk Manager is the application same as SuperSU which is pre-installed on your device after you have rooted your Android device. If you want to use the magisk manager you can unroot your device and then root it with the help flashing Magisk-v20.zip or else you can install the magisk manager application and do the system less rooting on your device.
There are many questions raised, and people has a query that is How to root with magisk? The rooting procedure is simple, and you need a custom recovery installed on your device. If you have the custom recovery, then you can root your Android device by flashing the Magisk-v20.zip file.
Magisk V/s SuperSU
If you root your device with the help of magisk, then the magisk won’t do any changes in your system files. Magisk will modify the boot.img to magisk.img. Magisk won’t add any files in your system files.
When SuperSU roots your device, it will do the changes in the System files and also adds some files in the system partition. If you install SuperSU, you won’t be getting any OTA updates or any financial application won’t work on your device.
How Magisk Manager Works?
Magisk works systemless-ly, and it doesn’t modify or alter your system partition. If you want to install a banking application or if you want to install official OTA updates, and much more. You can install the OTA updates without losing the root privileges, and that is everyone need. They don’t need to root again and again.
Magisk roots your Android device and it is based on phh’s SuperUser. Magisk is an open source rooting solution for Android. If you want to install magisk, then you can do so with the help of Magisk Manager application.
Magisk has Universal Systemless Interface. It means that if you want to create your mod or app, you can do so with the help of magisk. Magisk is mostly same as Xposed Framework and in the Xposed framework, there are different modules which you can install on your device.
Unfortunately, the Xposed framework is not available for Android Nougat. You can use the Magisk Manager on your device, and the Xposed Framework is mixed into it, and you can install some modules on your device with the help of magisk manager. You can hide root from other applications.
How to download and install Magisk Manager
- Download the zip file from the link below.
- Place the zip file in your internal storage. Make sure that you remember the proper location of the zip file.
- Reboot your phone into recovery ensure that you have a custom recovery such as TWRP is installed on your phone.
- Now, click on the Install button in the TWRP recovery.
- Navigate the Magisk-v20.4zip on your internal storage or SD card.
- Now, install the zip file on your device and wait till it is getting installed on your device.
- You have successfully flashed the Magisk-v20.zip on your device.
- Reboot your phone and see if it works on your device.
- Download the magisk manager application from the link given below.
- Install the application by following the above procedure.
- Open it and then you will see magisk is installed on your Android device.
Note: Make sure that you take a complete backup of your Android device before following this procedure.