Xiaomi Redmi Note series is dominating the budget range for years and needs no introduction. And currently, the Redmi Note 10 is the latest iteration in the series. It consists of Redmi Note 10, Redmi Note 10S, Redmi Note 10 5G, Redmi Note 10 Pro, and Redmi Note 10 Pro Max. If you have a Redmi Note 10 phone then this guide is for you. Here you will know how to root Redmi Note 10 Pro and how to unlock bootloader of Redmi Note 10 Pro.
Xiaomi is one of the favorite OEMs for custom developers and so if you own a Redmi Note 10 phone get ready for the amazing experience. You will get to use Custom ROMs with the latest Android, custom Recoveries, custom Kernels, and more. So, if you have a Xiaomi phone, you don’t have to be dependent on regular updates for new features and experience. This is the power of custom development. And most of the users now consider it as one of the important features when they want to buy a new phone.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 is a new series of phones which comes with some great specifications. The Note 10 Pro variant comes with a 6.67-inch display that supports a 120Hz refresh rate. It is powered by the Snapdragon 732G processor with 6GB & 8GB RAM options. This is great for any budget phone and you can even boost the performance by rooting your Redmi Note 10. Here in this guide, we will also share how to unlock bootloader of Redmi Note 10.
How to Root Redmi Note 10 Pro
Rooting an Android phone is not an easy task, but it’s worth your efforts. There are multiple reasons to root an Android phone. And the list of reasons gets bigger if you have a Xiaomi phone. Some basic features are support for custom fonts, custom boot animation, and even third-party themes. But for rooting an Android phone there are some restrictions. You need to first unlock bootloader of Redmi Note 10 before rooting it.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro Unlock Bootloader
If you want to root Redmi Note 10 then this is the first step you need to follow. Like other Android phones, Xiaomi phones also come with locked bootloader which means users cannot root or modify the device at the root level. Fortunately, the OEM allows its users to unlock the bootloader with a few simple steps. In case you don’t know the process, you can follow the steps given below.
- Start with your device backup as the Unlocking bootloader will delete all the data.
- Download the official Mi Unlock Tool on your computer from its official website. Also, install ADB & Fastboot Drivers on your computer.
- Now open Settings on your Redmi Note 10 and log in to Mi Account. Then wait for at least 7 days. You can also try without waiting for 7 days.
- Then in Settings, go to Mi Account > Mi Cloud and enable ‘Sync’ & ‘Find Device.’ Also, Sync all Apps data at least once.
- Open Settings again and go to About Phone. Tap 7-8 times continuously on the MIUI version, and it will display ‘You are now a developer’.
- To access developer options, go to Settings > Additional Settings > Developer Options.
- In the developer options, enable OEM unlocking and USB Debugging.
- Now turn on the internet connection on Redmi Note 10 Pro with the same number that you used in the Mi account. Then again, go to the Developer Options > Mi Unlock Status and link your Mi Account.
- Then power off your device then long press Volume Down + Power button together to boot Redmi Note 10 into Fastboot mode. When the Mi Bunny image shows up on the phone release both buttons.
- Make sure that your PC is connected to an active Internet network connection. Then open the Mi Unlock Tool and sign in with the same Mi account that you are using on your Redmi Note 10 Pro.
- The tool will detect your phone and then click on the ‘Unlock Now’ button.
- It will now unlock the bootloader of Redmi Note 10 Pro, and this will erase all the data.
After Unlocking the bootloader of Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 you can check it by going to developer options. The OEM unlocking option will be enabled. It means you have successfully unlocked the bootloader of your Redmi Note 10. Now you are all set to root your phone. Make sure to go through the list of requirements.
- Make sure bootloader is unlocked
- Download Magisk Manager APK
- Install ADB & Fastboot driver (Skip if already installed)
- Take a full backup before beginning the process
- Download Redmi Note 10 Pro firmware (The same version that is installed on your phone)
Steps to Root Redmi Note 10 Pro with Magisk
As of now, Magisk is the only reliable tool that allows us to root Android phones. And using this you can also root Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro. Recently the developer John Wu published a new update that follows a different process. You can follow the below steps to root Redmi Note 10 Pro.
- First, extract the boot.img file from Redmi Note 10 firmware. You can use 7Zip or WinRAR.
- Now install the Magisk Manager app on your phone.
- Open the Magisk Manager app and click on the Install.
- In the next step choose ‘Select and Patch a File’ from the option.
- Browse and select the boot.img file, and it will start patching the boot image.
- The output file will be stored in the download folder with the name magisk_patched.img.
- Copy the patched boot image file to your computer in folder C:\adb. Also, rename the patched file to boot.img.
- Reboot your Redmi Note 10 to Fastboot mode and connect it to your computer.
- In the C:\adb folder (or platform-tools folder) press Shift + Right click on an empty area and select ‘Open Command window here’ or ‘Open PowerShell window here.’
- You can check if the device is connected or not by entering the below command that should return some device id.
- Now enter the below command to flash Magisk and root Redmi Note 10.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- After flashing the patched boot image. reboot your device to the system.
- Install Magisk Manager if it’s not already installed.
- Complete the in-app instructions, and the device will automatically reboot into the system.
That’s all, now your phone is rooted. You can check for root access using any root checker app. And once you have root access on your Redmi Note 10, you can enjoy all the apps and features that require root access. As you know Xiaomi phones show ads on some system apps that you can disable with root access. You can use different Xposed Modules to customize your phone.
So, there you have it, the complete guide on how to root Redmi Note 10 Pro and how to unlock bootloader of Redmi Note 10 Pro. If you have any queries regarding the root guide, let us know in the comment section.