As we already reported earlier, the popular mid-ranger from OnePlus called the Nord has already received Android 11. The for Oxygen OS 11 based Open Beta program started earlier this month featuring Android 11 and all of its goodies. It also brings all the latest OOS 11 features and updated OnePlus apps.
Here is the new Open Beta 2 for the OnePlus Nord with several bug fixes as reported by users using the community feedback program. Some of the most significant changes come to the system or firmware with optimizations to the UIs elements in apps like calculator, WhatsApp, position and animation of some icons in the lock screen, and more.
The issue with SIM 2 can not be set as the default card has finally been fixed. Other bug fixes come to the stock OnePlus camera and Message app.
OnePlus also released a tentative schedule for Android 11 update for all of its previous gen smartphones. Many of the devices including OnePlus 7 series, and the Nord have already received Oxygen OS 11 either via stable or beta channel.
Open Beta 2 for OnePlus Nord Complete Changelog
- Optimized the UI display of Calculator
- Optimized the position and animation of some icons in the lock screen
- Optimized the background management of Whatsapp to receive more timely messages
- Fixed the issue that the battery icon is not displayed after the device is rotated from landscape to portrait
- Fixed the small probability issue where the Dirac Audio Tuner may fail to adjust the sound effect
- Fixed the small probability issue that alarm clocks can not be set
- Fixed the issue that Messenger Bubbles can not pop up
- Fixed the issue with Histogram and horizontal reference line being turned off by default
- Fixed the flashing issue with the icon of Depth effect while shooting with portrait mode
- Fixed the issue that SIM 2 can not be set as the default card
Open Beta 1 for OnePlus Nord Complete Changelog:
- Update to Android 11 version
- Fresh new UI visual design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details
- Optimize the stability of some third-party applications and improve user experience
- Ambient Display
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data ( To set: Settings > Customization > Clock Style)
- Added Canvas feature that can automatically draw a wireframe picture based on a lock screen photo on your phone（Path：Settings-Customization-Wallpaper-Canvas-Choose photo preview and it can be generated automatically）
- Newly added 10 new clock styles ( To set: Settings > Customization > Clock Style)
- Dark Mode
- Added the shortcut key for Dark Mode, pull down the quick setting to enable.
- Supporting automatically turn on feature & customize time range. path: Settings – Display – Dark Mode – Turn on automatically – Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise / Custom time range
- Newly shelf interface design, the interface is clearer
- Added weather widget, animation effect smarter
- Supporting Story function, automatically form weekly videos with photos and video in storage
- Optimize the loading speed of the gallery, and the image preview is faster
Download Android 11 for OnePlus Nord with OxygenOS Open Beta 2
Here is the full OTA update for the first Open Beta 2 program for the OnePlus Nord. The Android 11 firmware is available for Indian and global variants. As for the European variant, you will need to wait.
Note: In order to get the latest Open Beta 2, you first need to install Open Beta 1 from the links below. Then you should be able to pull the Beta 2 via OTA update from settings > system updates.
Download Open Beta 2
- Open Beta 2 OnePlus Nord (India) (see notes above)
- Open Beta 2 OnePlus Nord (Europe) (see notes above)
- Open Beta 2 OnePlus Nord (Global) (see notes above)
Previous Open Beta 1:
- Open Beta 1 for Global: NordOxygen_14.X.01_GLO_0010_2012282129
- Open Beta 1 for Europe: NordOxygen_14.X.01_GLO_0010_2012282054
- Open Beta 1 for India: NordOxygen_14.W.01_GLO_0010_2012282101
Download the Rollback package to go back to stable Android 10
- AC01AA Global 10.5.10: NordOxygen_14.O.12_GLO_012_2012212243
- AC01BA Europe 10.5.10: NordOxygen_14.E.12_GLO_012_2012212225
- AC01DA India 10.5.10: NordOxygen_14.I.12_GLO_012_2012212232